Watermelon and Coconut Rum CocktailBy
- ½ watermelon (seedless, please!) well-chilled
- ¼ cup simple syrup or to taste
- juice of one lemon
- 3 to 4 generous splashes coconut rum
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh mint
- ice cubes to serve
- Scoop out the watermelon flesh and dice (you may want to reserve a few slices for garnish).
- Put the diced watermelon in the blender and process until completely pureed.
- Place a strainer over a deep bowl and pour the contents of the blender into the strainer.
- Leave for a few minutes to allow the watermelon juice to drip into the bowl.
- Pour back the strained watermelon juice into the blender.
- Add the simple syrup, lemon juice, coconut rum and about eight mint leaves.
- Pulse a few times to mix and chop the mint leaves.
- Put ice cubes into glasses, and pour in the watermelon and coconut rum cocktail.