Naming cocktail drinks can be a headache. The easiest technique is to simply enumerate the ingredients, but 3 fruit juices + silver tequila = delicious cocktail drink doesn’t exactly inspire name recall.
So, I christened this drink tropical suburban sunset. Two reasons. First, tropical suburban sunset sounds terribly romantic. Second, the color of the drink mimics the fiery skies of a tropical sunset.
Tropical Suburban Sunset
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- ½ cup silver tequila
- lime or lemon slices to garnish
- Muddle the mint leaves and sugar in a shaker.
- Pour in the juices and tequila.
- Add ice and shake for about 10 seconds.
- Pour into a glass.
- Stir in a few lime or lemon slices.
- Serve at once.