Tipsy Melon BallsBy
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 honeydew
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 to 1 ½ cups vodka
- 2 to 3 liters pure pineapple juice well chilled
- 1 to 1 ½ cups white sugar or to taste
- Cut the watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe into halves.
- Scoop out the seeds of the honeydew and cantaloupe.
- Using a baller, scoop out as many balls as you can from the flesh of the three fruits.
- Place the melon balls in a shallow container wide enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Pour the vodka over them.
- Cover the container tightly and freeze the melon balls overnight. They should be rock hard.
- Dump the frozen melon balls into a punch bowl (or into individual glasses) including the pool of frozen vodka that has formed between them.
- Stir the pineapple juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the pineapple juice over the frozen melon balls.