What makes this sweet potatoes and habanero salad such a wonderful gastronomic experience?
It’s the combination of sweet and spicy. If you’ve never heard it before, something sweet cuts down the sharp heat from chilies. Together, they make a delightful union. And adding them to raw vegetables makes sure that your salad isn’t just a plate of spicy carbs. You get the light crispness of raw vegetables, the sweet creaminess of sweet potatoes, the beautiful aroma of the bell pepper and the heat from the habanero.
Sweet Potatoes and Habanero Salad
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Spread the sweet potato cubes in a single layer. Cook until the undersides are lightly browned then flip.
- Add the bell pepper strips, habanero, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir lightly. Cook until the opposite sides of the cubes sweet potatoes are browned.
- Scoop out, transfer to a plate and cool.
- Rinse, spin dry and tear the lettuce.
- Toss with the diced tomatoes and cucumber rings.
- Add the cooled sweet potatoes, bell pepper and habanero.
- Drizzle in your salad dressing. Toss.
- Sprinkle in grated Parmesan.