Stuffed Bell PepperBy
- 1 large bell pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cold cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 to 3 fresh button mushrooms chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese plus more to garnish (see notes after the recipe)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley plus more to garnish
- chunky tomato sauce (we prefer homemade!)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut off the top of the bell pepper.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds andwhite membranes inside the bell pepper.
- Brush inside and out with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix together the rice, onion, garlic, paprika, mushrooms, cheese and parsley. Season with a quarter teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the cavity of the bell pepper.
- Place the bell pepper on an oven-proof dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 375F for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the chunky tomato sauce around the bell pepper to form a shallow pool. Drizzle some on top.
- Sprinkle the stuffed bell pepper with more grated cheese and parsley. Serve.