Pureed strawberries, fresh lemon juice, bruised mint leaves for brightness and soda water for a bubbly finish. And the color… Oh, the lovely color! Isn’t strawberry lemonade the perfect summer drink?
Because some strawberries are sweeter than others, consider the amount of simple syrup and lemon juice as a guide. You may need to make adjustments to get the perfect blend between tartness and sweetness that is most agreeable to your palate.
Strawberry LemonadeRecipe by
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and halved
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 2 cups soda water
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves I used spearmint
- Pour the soda water into the blender.
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Process until smooth.
- Tear up the mint leaves and throw into the blender.
- Pulse a couple of time just to bruise them.
- Drop ice into glasses and pour in the strawberry lemonade.