Strawberry Ice CreamBy
- Ice cream maker
- In a pan, heat the cream just until it starts to simmer.
- While waiting for the cream to heat up, whisk the egg yolks and vanilla sugar together.
- Pour half of the hot cream slowly into the egg yolk and sugar mixture, stirring as your pour. This is to temper the egg yolks so they don’t curdle.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the pan.
- Set the stove to medium and heat the egg yolk mixture and cream, stirring often, until thickened and coats the back of a spoon. You now have your custard base for the ice cream.
- Pour the custard into a container, press cling wrap on the surface to prevent skin from forming, and cool.
- Chill in the fridge for six hours.
- Pour the chilled custard and pureed strawberries into the ice cream maker and process per manufacturer’s directions.
- Add the chopped strawberries during the last five minutes of processing.
- Serve the ice cream at once at soft-serve stage or transfer to a freezer container and freeze for a couple of hours until more firm.