Strawberry and Basil Caipirinha
Muddled strawberries, basil and lime are mixed with cachaça, an indigenous Brazilian spirit made from fermented sugar cane. Strawberry and basil caipirinha is refreshingly sweet, tart and very potent.
- 2 ounces cachaça
- 4 strawberries cut into quarters
- 2 to 3 basil leaves (sweet basil was used here), torn
- 1 whole lime cut into quarters
- sugar to taste
- In a heavy glass, muddle the strawberries, lime and basil with the cachaça.
- Pour into a shaker.
- Add sugar and ice.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with a whole strawberry.
- Serve the strawberry and basil caipirinha at once.
This is an updated version of a recipe originally published in December 15, 2010, inspired by a recipe from Cocktail Atlas.