Spinach, Feta and Tomato Bruschetta
Blanched and squeezed spinach is tossed with crumbled feta and chopped tomatoes to make the topping for this lovely bruschetta.
- ¼ cup spinach blanched, squeezed and chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup tomatoes deseeded and roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 slices bread (I used a baguette but you can choose any kind of bread)
- 1 clove garlic cut in half
- extra virgin olive oil
- Stir together the chopped spinach, cheese and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread until light browned (see notes after ther ecipe).
- Rub the bread slices on both sides with the cut sides of the garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Divide the spinach mixture among the bread slices and pile a portion on top of each.
- Serve your spinach, feta and tomato bruschetta immediately.
If it seems wasteful to preheat the oven just to toast six slices of bread, you can toast both sides of the bread on a skillet set over medium heat on the stovetop. Or use an oven toaster. Updated from a recipe originally published in November 9, 2012