Spaghettini Aglio e OlioBy
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 175 grams spaghettini (angel hair pasta) or use regular spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (doesn't have to be extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and pounded
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- grated Pecorino to garnish
- lemon juice to garnish (optional)
- In a pot, boil about eight cups of water with the tablespoon of salt.
- Drop the spaghettini into the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Drain the noodles.
- In a shallow pan, heat the olive oil and butter.
- Add the garlic and cook over low heat for a few minutes until aromatic (see notes after the recipe).
- Spread the pasta in the oil and toss until every strand of noodle is glistening.
- Sprinkle in the chili flakes and two tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Toss thoroughly to distribute the greens and flakes.
- Optionally, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and toss.
- Divide the spaghettini among four plates or bowls, garnish with grated Pecorino and the remaining parsley and serve.