Sour Cream Chicken and Mushrooms
- 6 chicken fillets about 500 grams total weight
- black pepper
- 250 grams button mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 250 grams spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup sour cream see notes after the recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- Wipe the chicken fillets dry with paper towels, cut into thin strips and toss with a teaspoon of salt and a quarter teaspoon of pepper.
- Cut the mushrooms into halves, quarters or slices, depending on how large they are.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Rinse and drain the spinach and roughly chop.
- Peel the garlic, grate and stir into the sour cream.
- Set the stove to medium-high and melt the butter in a thick-bottomed frying pan (see notes after the recipe).
- Spread the chicken strips in the hot butter, allow the undersides to brown a bit before stirring. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the chicken. Sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the onion slices. Continue cooking, stirring, for another minute.
- Throw in the spinach, sprinkle in a bit more salt and pepper, and cook until wilted and the mixture is almost dry.
- Pour in the sour cream and stir. When the sauce is bubbly, turn off the heat.
- Taste the sauce, add more salt and pepper, as needed, before serving.