Soda Can Roast ChickenBy
- 1 whole chicken we used free-range about 1.3 kg.
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup coconut cream yes, thick
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse the chicken and wipe inside and out with a kitchen towel.
- Mix together the garlic, coconut cream, Sriracha, salt and pepper.
- Spread the paste all over the chicken, including the cavity.
- Place the chicken in a bowl. If any marinade remains, pour over the chicken.
- Cover with cling film and let sit in the fridge overnight. For best results, turn the chicken over after about six hours.
- Preheat the oven to 410F.
- Take an empty soda can and half fill with water.
- Stand the soda can upright and lower the chicken into it so that half of the soda is inserted into the chicken’s cavity (see notes after the recipe).
- Roast the chicken at 410F for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 375F and continue roasting for another 45 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to rest for about ten minutes before cutting.