Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Dip / SpreadBy
- 400 grams smoked salmon
- 250 grams cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup finely sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 bell pepper roasted, deseeded and chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lime juice or lemon juice
- salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Mince the smoked salmon (see notes after the recipe).
- Put the salmon, cream cheese, scallions, celery and bell pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Fold until of uniform consistency.
- Add the mayonnaise and stir until the mixture feels a little lighter.
- Start adding salt and pepper (see notes after the recipe).
- When you’re happy with the saltiness of the mixture, start adding lime or lemon juice. A little at a time, stirring after each addition. Then, taste. Add more if you want a more pronounced contrast.
- Scoop with a teaspoon and drop on crackers. Or use a piping bag for a cleaner look. Or spread on breads, toasted or not, and take a big bite.