Slow Cooker Bone Marrow SoupBy
- 3 pieces cross cut beef shank bones
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion halved
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary (a whole sprig if using fresh)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- finely sliced scallions to serve
- Place the beef shank bones in the slow cooker. If one side is closed and the other side open with the marrow exposed, place the bones closed side down to prevent the marrow from falling out.
- Add the garlic cloves, onion halves, rosemary, salt and pepper to the bones.
- Pour in one and a half to two liters of water (depending on the size of your slow cooker).
- Set the slow cooker on LOW and leave for twelve hours.
- Place the beef shank bones in soup bowls.
- Taste the broth; add more salt and pepper, if needed. Strain.
- Pour strained broth over the beef shank bones.
- Sprinkle in finely sliced scallions before serving your no-frills slow cooker beef bone marrow soup.