Self-frosting Nutella CupcakesBy
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. With a wire whisk or a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together. Just keep beating until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and mix. The mixture may appear lumpy at first but keep right on mixing until you have a smooth batter. Note that the batter will be heavy and hardly pourable. Stir in the vanilla.
- Meanwhile, line the muffin pan with paper cups. Use an ice cream scoop (very practical) to fill the pans until about ¾ full.
- Top with a heaping teaspoonful of Nutella.
- Take a toothpick, dip into the unbaked cupcake until the tip hits the bottom of the pan. Using a scooping motion, swirl the Nutella with the batter so that some of the batter comes up on top of the Nutella.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 18 to 20 minutes (see notes after the recipe).
- Serve the self-frosting Nutella cupcakes warm.