Scrambled Eggs with Bacon and Tomatoes
- 100 grams belly bacon
- 2 to matoes
- 1 small onion
- 12 large sweet basil leaves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- toasted bread to serve
- grated Parmesan to serve
- Thinly slice the bacon.
- Halve the tomatoes, scoop and discard the seeds. Dice the flesh.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Slice the basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan. Spread the bacon on the bottom of the pan and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned and fat has been rendered.
- Add the tomatoes, onion and half of the basil to the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened.
- Set the heat to low. Pour the eggs into the pan. Cook, stirring, until the eggs are barely set.
- Spoon some of the scrambled eggs with bacon, tomato and basil on a piece of toast. Sprinkle with Parmesan and more basil.