Scrambled Eggs with Bacon and TomatoesRecipe by
An easy and delicious breakfast, the eggs, tomatoes and basil are cooked in rendered bacon fat. Serve the scrambled eggs with bacon and tomatoes over toasted crusty bread sprinkled with Parmesan and basil.
- 100 grams belly bacon
- 2 to matoes
- 1 small onion
- 12 large sweet basil leaves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- toasted bread to serve
- grated Parmesan to serve
- Thinly slice the bacon.
- Halve the tomatoes, scoop and discard the seeds. Dice the flesh.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Slice the basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan. Spread the bacon on the bottom of the pan and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned and fat has been rendered.
- Add the tomatoes, onion and half of the basil to the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened.
- Set the heat to low. Pour the eggs into the pan. Cook, stirring, until the eggs are barely set.
- Spoon some of the scrambled eggs with bacon, tomato and basil on a piece of toast. Sprinkle with Parmesan and more basil.
Bacon can be replaced by sausages. Slice or chop, cook until fad has been rendered and proceed as above. Updated from a recipe originally published in February 17, 2018