- 500 grams pork sausage meat (we make our own sausage but store-bought is okay
- 6 large eggs soft-boiled or hard-boiled, and shelled
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 to 1 ¼ cup panko or ordinary bread crumbs
- cooking oil for deep frying
- If using store-bought sausages, slit them press out the sausage meat and discard the casings.
- Divide the sausage meat into six equal portions.
- Wrap an egg with one portion of the sausage meat (see notes after the recipe) and do the same for the rest of the eggs and sausage meat.
- Place the prepared eggs in a shallow bowl, cover and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a pan to reach a depth of at least three inches.
- Place the flour and panko in two separate shallow bowls.
- Take the chilled eggs from the fridge.
- Dredge each egg in flour, dip in beaten egg and roll in panko.
- Deep fry the Scotch eggs at 350F until golden and crisp.
- Serve the Scotch eggs while hot.