Rocket and Mushroom SaladBy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tiny pinch grated garlic
- 1 handful rocket (arugula) rinsed and spun dry
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted nuts any kind of nut
- paper-thin slices cheese any good cheese is fine (see notes after the recipe)
- Heat a pan and add the butter.
- When the butter sizzles, add the mushrooms in a single layer. Cook over high heat until lightly browned, flipping them over midway through the cooking.
- Sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper and toss.
- Scoop out, transfer to a plate and cool while you make the honey-balsamic dressing.
- To make the dressing, stir together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, in a mixing bowl, toss the rocket, mushrooms and onions with the honey balsamic dressing.
- Transfer the tossed salad to a plate, sprinkle the nuts over it then add shaved cheese.