- 2 cups cooking oil
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cut into sticks a la French fries
- 100 to 150 grams sausages cut into half-inch cubes (see notes after the recipe)
- 3 large eggs beaten
- salt to taste to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- torn cilantro to garnish
- sliced chilies to garnish
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the potato sticks until golden and crisp. Scoop out and set aside. To make them retain their crispiness longer, move them to a rack while you cook the sausages and eggs.
- Pour off the oil from the pan leaving only about a teaspoonful.
- Heat the oil and fry the cubed sausages until nicely browned. Lightly browned is fine but, if you want more caramelization, go for deeply browned. Just don’t burn the sausages.
- When the sausages are done, pour in the beaten eggs. Cook, stirring, until set.
- Taste a piece of egg. If the seasonings and spices in the sausages aren’t enough to flavor the eggs sufficiently, sprinkle in salt and pepper until you get the balance that pleases you.
- Add the fried potatoes to the sausages and eggs. Toss until heated through.
- Garnish the revuelto gramaho with torn cilantro and sliced chilies before serving. Totally optional but both add so much depth to this simple dish.