Pineapple Upside-down CakeRecipe by
It's a cocktail drink that shares the name of a confection that was popular in the 50s and 60s. Pineapple upside-down cake, the cocktail, does project a retro aura with a combination of vodka, pineapple juice.
- ¼ oz grenadine
- 1 oz pineapple juice unsweetened
- 1 oz vodka
- Pour the grenadine into a shot glass.
- Position a bar spoon (or a teaspoon), upside down, over the shot glass.
- Pour the pineapple juice onto the spoon so that the liquid drips off the edges of the spoon and onto the sides of the shot glass.
- Wipe the bar spoon clean (or take a clean one) and pour the vodka using the same technique.
- Serve at once.
Updated from a recipe originally published in December 17, 2012