- 2 tablespoons olive oil not extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 6 cups rice newly cooked
- 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons pesto homemade or store-bought
- 2 limes or lemons cut into wedges
- mint leaves thinly sliced
- Set a small frying pan on the stove and turn the heat on medium-low.
- Pour the olive oil into the frying pan. Swirl the pan the coat the entire bottom.
- Spread the chopped garlic on the hot oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Put the rice in a bowl.
- Drizzle in the oil with all the browned garlic.
- Stir to coat each grain of rice with the flavorful oil.
- Add the pesto and toss the rice until evenly colored.
- Top the rice with lime or lemon wedges and sliced mint leaves.