Pepper Garlic MushroomsBy
- 500 grams button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 2 to 3 bell peppers diced
- 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime halved
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- Wipe the mushrooms to remove any soil attached to them. Cut into halves (or quarters if they are large).
- Heat the butter in a frying pan.
- Saute the garlic, onion and bell peppers for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauteed vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until the mushrooms are just done.
- Squeeze the juice from half of the lime and stir. Taste. If you want bolder flavors, add the juice from the other lime half. You might need to add salt and pepper to balance the tartness.
- Add the scallions and stir. Cook for another 30 seconds to allow the mushrooms to soak up the flavors.
- Serve the pepper garlic mushrooms immediately.