Pepper Cheesesteak SandwichBy
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 300 grams top round beef thinly sliced (see notes after the recipe)
- 3 bread rolls (see notes after the recipe)
- cheese slices (see notes after the recipe)
- Heat one tablespoon cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Spread the onion slices in the hot oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often after the first two to three minutes, until caramelized and softened.
- Scoop out the caramelized onion and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to 400F.
- Heat another tablespoon of cooking oil in the pan.
- Spread the julienned bell pepper in the hot oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and the edges are starting to brown.
- Scoop out the bell pepper and set aside.
- Drizzle the remaing oil into the pan, add the butter, and set the heat to high.
- Sear the beef with salt and pepper on high heat, stirring the pieces around once the meat is no longer pink.
- Split the rolls, and spread butter on the cut side of both the top and bottom halves.
- Divide the beef into three portions.
- Arrange the rolls (including the top halves) on a tray.
- Arrange one portion of beef on each of the bottom halves of the rolls, and top with caramelized onion and bell pepper.
- Lay cheese slices on top of the beef, onion and bell peppers.
- Heat in the broiler just until the cheese melts.
- Serve the pepper cheesesteak sandwiches immediately.