Papas con Chorizo (Potatoes with Sausage)By
- 500 grams potatoes peeled and cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 250 grams chorizo (see notes after the recipe), cut into half-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 stalks scallions cut into one-inch lengths
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Boil water in a pot, add the cubes potatoes and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Cook the potatoes for about ten minutes or until softened a bit but not cooked all the way through (they will finish cooking with the chorizo).
- While the potatoes cook, heat the butter in a frying pan, and add the chorizo, garlic, scallions and chili flakes. Cook, stirring often, for about five minutes or until the edges are caramelized and fat has been rendered.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the chorizo.
- Cook, tossing everything together, just until the potato cubes are cooked through.