Pan-grilled Salmon With Lemon-butter-garlic SauceBy
- Make the sauce by stirring together the butter, lemon juice, garlic and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Let sit and allow the flavors to develop while you cook the fish.
- Rinse the salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Do not skip this step. If the salmon contains too much moisture on the surface, it will not sear well.
- Rub generously with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some olive oil over it, then use your fingers to spread the oil over every inch of the surface of the fish, including the skin.
- Heat a heavy skillet (cast iron is ideal).
- When the skillet is very hot, lay down the salmon, skin side up. Grill over high heat for two minutes (see notes after the recipe).
- Flip and grill for a minute and a half.
- If you want a perfectly even crisp and golden crust for your fillet, grill the fish sideways too.
- Transfer the fish to a plate.
- Spoon the sauce on and around the salmon.
- Top with sliced scallions and sprinkle with toasted garlic bits.