New York Cocktail
Categorized as a “ladies’ drink” (why, I have no idea), this is a bright-looking and fresh-tasting cocktail that is both zesty and sweet. It gets its beautiful color from grenadine, its punch from whiskey and its zing and aroma from fresh lemons.
- 4 oz. whiskey I used Southern Comfort
- 1 ½ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar I suggest substituting lemon infused simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- lemon slices to garnish
- Pour all the ingredients in a shaker.
- Drop in about four ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- Make again.
- Serve again.
- And so on, and so forth.
Updated from a recipe originally published in February 2, 2012