Minty Double Lemon CocktailRecipe by
Okay, I invented the title. I dreamed up this cocktail drink then asked my husband, Speedy, to turn my idea into a real drink. It turned out to be one of the best I’ve ever had in my life and I didn’t have a name for it. Minty double lemon cocktail was all I could think of because I didn’t want to resort to giving drinks names with sexual connotations. There are enough blow jobs and orgasms in the cocktail drink world and I don’t think I should add more.What does the name mean? Well, obviously, “minty” means mint leaves. Double lemon because fresh lemons and limoncello were the basic ingredients for this drink.
- ½ lemon diced
- 3 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- 2 ounces limoncello or more
- soda water
- mint leaves torn
- Put the diced lemon in a glass and add the sugar. Muddle them together. Yes, you need a muddler that will fit in the glass. Do this process thoroughly but gently. Don't think that by pressing hard a few times, you'll get all the juices from the lemon. Press hard and you're more likely to break the glass.
- So, press gently but repeatedly. Feel the lemons getting squished.
- Add ice.
- Add the torn mint leaves.
- Pour in the limoncello.
- Pour in enough soda water to fill the glass.
- Stir well.
- Serve at once.