Mexican-style White Rice
- Heat the chicken bone broth until simmering then turn off the heat. If unseasoned or underseasoned, add enough salt for proper flavor.
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a pan.
- Add the rice and chopped onion.
- Cook, stirring, until the rice turns opaque, about four minutes (do not allow to brown).
- Stir in the garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Pour in the hot broth and lime juice, and stir.
- Set the stove to the lowest setting, cover the pan and let the rice absorb the liquid for about 15 minutes before turning off the heat.
- With a fork, fluff up the rice then cover the pan and allow the rice to cook in the steam for another five minutes.