Meaty Lasagna Roll-upsBy
- 4 to 6 lasagna cooked in salted water and drained
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce (we prefer homemade!)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese I used a Dutch cheese with chilies
- 1 ½ cups spinach blanched, squeezed and chopped
- 3 cups chunky meat sauce chilled (see notes after the recipe)
- chiffonaded basil to garnish
- Spread the cooked lasagna on a rack to allow water to drip off.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Spread a couple of tablespoonfuls of tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking pan that should be large enough to hold all the rolled lasagna noodles.
- Stir together one cup of shredded cheese and the chopped spinach.
- Lay a lasagna noodle flat. Spread two or more tablespoons of the cheese-spinach mixture on the noodle.
- To the spinach-cheese mixture with a couple of tablespoonfuls of the cold meat sauce.
- Roll the lasagna and immediately and arrange, seam side down, on the baking tray.
- Repeat until all the noodles have been filled and rolled.
- Spoon the remaining tomato sauce on top, around and between the rolled noodles.
- Top each rolled noodle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the meat sauce is heated through, the tomato sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle chiffonaded basil over the meaty lasagna roll-ups before serving.