Meatballs a la ParmigianaBy
- 150 grams ground pork
- 150 grams ground beef
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 to 6 tablespoons panko
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 to 10 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 8 slices cheese I used mild cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground pork and beef, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, bread crumbs and milk.
- Shape into 8 to 10 balls about two inches in diameter.
- Arrange on the prepared baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven and arrange on a heatproof plate that you will serve them in.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoonful of tomato sauce over each meatball. Top with a slice of cheese.
- Put back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
- Sprinkle your meatballs a la Parmigiana with more chopped parsley or basil, or both, before serving.