The filling consists of chicken (schnitzel), beef (pastrami), pork (belly bacon), dairy (cheese omelette) and some token greens. Truly a meat lover’s dream sandwich.
It starts with bread split into halves. The bottom half is slathered with mayonnaise. Alfalfa sprouts go on top of the mayo. Next comes the chicken schnitzel. Then, a layer of shredded lettuce. And slices of pastrami, the beef component. Pork goes on top of the beef in the form of crispy belly bacon. Then, an omelet filled with gooey sharp cheddar cheese. Chia, flax and hemp seeds are sprinkled on the omelet.
And the sandwich is ready to serve.
Meat Lover’s Dream Sandwich
- 1 mini baguette split and preferably toasted on both sides
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- alfalfa sprouts as much or as little as you like
- 1 chicken schnitzel
- lettuce as much or as little as you like
- 3 to 4 slices pastrami store-bought
- 3 to 4 rashers belly bacon cooked
- cheese omelette
- mixed seeds to garnish (optional)
- Lay the bottom half of the baguette, cut side up, on your work surface and spread with mayo.
- Spread the alfalfa sprouts on top of the mayo.
- Lay the chicken schnitzel on top of the alfalfa sprouts.
- Pile the lettuce on the chicken.
- Cover the lettuce with pastrami slices.
- Arrange the bacon on top of the pastrami.
- Carefully slide the cheese omelette on top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with seeds, if using.
- Cover the fillings with the top half of the baguette.
- Cut the sandwich into two to four portions and serve.