The classic margarita gets a facelift in this cocktail drink with the addition of very ripe and very sweet mangoes. From whatever country your mangoes came, as long as they are ripe and sweet, they can go into mango Margarita.
- 3 oz. tequila
- 1 ½ oz. Triple Sec
- 3 oz. freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 4 oz. simple syrup equal amounts of water and sugar heated together just until the sugar dissolves
- 1 whole ripe mango well chilled, stoned and diced
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- Just put everything in the blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into salted glasses and serve.
For the salt around the rim of the glass, take a small wedge of lime or lemon and run around the rim of the glass to wet it. Place finely chopped mint leaves and salt in a saucer, and dip the glass rim in the mixture. Updated from a recipe originally published in April 27, 2012