Mango and Tomato SaladBy
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 5 plump and juicy tomatoes
- 2 small onions
- 6 stalks scallions finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons torn cilantro
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Slice the mangoes to remove the stones. Cut the mango meat into small squares without piercing the skin. Scoop out with a spoon directly into a bowl.
- Peel the cucumbers (see notes after the recipe), scoop out and discard the seeds, then cut the cucumber flesh into cubes about the same size as the mangoes.
- Cut the mangoes into halves, scoop out and discard the seeds, then cut the flesh into small cubes (see notes after the recipe).
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, scallions and cilantro to the mango in the bowl. Toss gently.
- Stir together all the ingredients for the dressing until the no solids are visible.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the contents of the bowl. Toss everything together. Taste. If under-dressed, drizzle in the remaining dressing and toss a few more times.