Linguini with Clams and 3-cheese SauceRecipe by
Fast, easy and delicious. Cream cheese, havarti and sharp cheddar are softened with milk to make the sauce for the linguini with clams.
- ¼ cup milk
- 60 grams cream cheese cut into small cubes
- 60 grams shredded sharp cheddar
- 60 grams shredded spiced havarti
To complete the dish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup shucked clams
- cooked linguini (or your preferred pasta shape) for two
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Pour the milk into a microwavable bowl.
- Stir in the cheeses as best as you can.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until the cheeses soften suffiently that the mixture can be stirred into a sauce of uniform consistency.
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Over medium-low heat, sweat the chopped onion until soft and translucent.
- Throw the clams into the pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook just until done, about two minutes.
- Pour in the three-cheese sauce. Stir until heated through.
- Add the pasta to the clams and sauce. Toss until the noodles are heated through.
- Add parsley and toss a few times.
- Serve at once.
Shucked clams may be bought cooked or uncooked. Uncooked clams should be done in about two minutes. If using cooked clams, cook just until heated through. Updated from a recipe originally published in March 5, 2016