Linguini with Clams and 3-cheese SauceBy
- ¼ cup milk
- 60 grams cream cheese cut into small cubes
- 60 grams shredded sharp cheddar
- 60 grams shredded spiced havarti
To complete the dish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup shucked clams
- cooked linguini (or your preferred pasta shape) for two
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Pour the milk into a microwavable bowl.
- Stir in the cheeses as best as you can.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until the cheeses soften suffiently that the mixture can be stirred into a sauce of uniform consistency.
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Over medium-low heat, sweat the chopped onion until soft and translucent.
- Throw the clams into the pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook just until done, about two minutes.
- Pour in the three-cheese sauce. Stir until heated through.
- Add the pasta to the clams and sauce. Toss until the noodles are heated through.
- Add parsley and toss a few times.
- Serve at once.