Lime Butter Garlic MushroomsBy
- 6 cloves garlic
- 350 grams mushrooms (see notes after the recipe)
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice I used kaffir lime (see notes after the recipe)
- chopped parsley to garnish
- lime wedges optional
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Give the mushrooms a quick rinse and drain well. For best results, give them a few spins using a salad spinner. If the mushrooms are large, halve or quarter them.
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic to the hot butter and cook gently for about a minute.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for six to seven minutes (see notes after the recipe).
- Off the heat (the pan should still be hot at this point), add the lime juice and the rest of the butter. Swirl around until the butter melts.
- Scoop out the mushrooms and transfer to a bowl. Drizzle all the pan juices over them.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on the mushrooms. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
- Serve the lime butter garlic mushrooms at once. Or let sit for a few minutes to infuse. Hot or at room temperature, they’re equally delicious!