On hot and humid days, we prefer meals with easy to digest ingredients. No chunks of meat and no thick sauces. Seafood and vegetables take center stage, and this dish of lemon butter garlic shrimps is a superstar.
If you can manage to get prepared shrimps (peeled, deveined and usually blast frozen), prepping is a breeze. And that means less time to perspire over the hot stove.
Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimps
- In a pan, boil about four cups of water with a teaspoon of salt.
- Drop the broccoli florets into the boiling water.
- Once the water comes to a boil, drain the broccoli florets and dump into a bowl of iced water. Leave to cool for a minute and drain.
- Lightly press the shrimps between stacks of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Melt two tablespoons butter in a frying pan.
- Spread the shrimps in the hot butter and sprinkle with half a teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Once the undersides change color (a minute or less), flip the shrimps over, sprinkle with the remaining lemon pepper seasoning and cook for 40 to 50 seconds.
- Scoop out the shrimps and move to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan, leave to melt then add the garlic. Cook until the garlic bits are just starting to brown.
- Drizzle in the lemon juice and stir.
- Add the blanched broccoli florets and cooked shrimps to the sauce and toss well.
- Cook, tossing often for even seasoning, just until the shrimps and broccoli florets are heated through.
- Sprinkle in the scallions before serving.