Leftover Roast Turkey Farmer’s PieBy
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup cubed carrot
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cubed roast turkey meat
- ½ cup sweet peas thawed
- 1 cup gravy
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- On the stovetop, melt the butter in a pan.
- Saute the carrot and onion for about a minute.
- Add the turkey meat and peas to the carrot and onion. Toss thoroughly to coat the turkey meat with butter.
- Pour in the gravy. Stir to distribute evenly. Bring to a simmer.
- Taste the turkey. You will need to add salt and pepper at this point. How much depends on how well seasoned the turkey and gravy are.
- When you’re happy with the taste, turn off the heat and transfer the contents of the pan to an ovenproof dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the duck and vegetables. Lightly rake with a fork (optional).
- Bake the leftover roast turkey farmer’s pie at 375F for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and the mashed potato topping is lightly browned.