Leftover Roast Duck Egg Drop SoupBy
- Slow cooker
- Place the duck bones in the slow cooker, add salt and pepper and pour in enough water to cover.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW and leave for 10 to 11 hours.
- Strain the broth, measure and pour into a pot.
- Bring the broth to a gentle boil then add the scallions and mushrooms.
- Disperse one teaspoon of cornstarch in one tablespoon of water for every two cups of broth.
- Pour into the soup and stir until the broth is no longer cloudy.
- Simmer the soup for about five minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Turn off the stove. Drizzle the eggs in a circular motion directly into the soup. Leave to solidify for a few seconds then stir.
- Taste the soup. Add more salt and pepper, if needed, and serve.
- At this point, you already have a wonderful egg drop soup.
- If you want to add any meat that can be plucked from the duck bones (see notes after the recipe), stir them in for a meaty egg drop soup.