Lamb and Bean StewBy
- 1 kilogram stewing lamb I used shank
- 2 tablespoons olive oil doesn’t have to be extra virgin
- 200 grams spicy sausage Spanish chorizo or andouille for best results, sliced into rings
- 1 large onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika smoky or sweet, either will work
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 can Riojan style beans
- Rinse the lamb and pat dry with a kitchen towel (drying the meat helps it brown properly).
- Heat a heavy pan and pour in the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, spread the lamb in a single layer. Over medium heat, cook without disturbing for about five minutes before flipping to brown the other side.
- Add the sliced sausages, onion and garlic to the lamb.
- Sprinkle in a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper and all of the paprika.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onion softens.
- Pour in the bone broth and add the rosemary. Bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the lamb is tender (see notes after the recipe).
- Pour in the beans. Stir.
- Cover the pan and simmer for another ten minutes.
- Serve the lamb and beans stew with rice or bread.