Coffee ice, not iced coffee. Cooled brewed coffee is poured into an ice cube tray, frozen, dropped into glasses and Kahlua is poured in.
If you’re knitting your brows wondering what the point is, well, it’s about enjoying a cocktail drink that never gets diluted even as ice melts while your nurse it. The ice is coffee. The drink just gets better as the ice melts.
Kahlua Coffee Ice
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- sugar optional
- Kahlua as much as you like, or as much as your glasses can hold
- Make your brewed coffee the way you usually do but make it a strong brew.
- Optionally, stir in sugar before the coffee cools.
- Cool the brewed coffee to room temperatue then pour into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze the coffee until rock hard.
- Twist your ice cube tray to release the frozen coffee cubes, then divide between two glasses.
- Pour Kahlua over the frozen coffee.
- Swirl your glass for a bit to allow the frozen coffee to melt a bit and cool the Kahlua.
- Sit back, start sipping, and just enoy.