Iced Tea MojitoBy
- 1 generous pinch loose leaf tea I used jasmine green tea; substitute your preference
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- ¼ lime or lemon cut in two
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 big splash rum
- Place the tea leaves in a cup.
- Pour in half a cup of hot water.
- Let steep for two minutes.
- Throw out the water.
- Pour another half cup of hot water into the cup of tea.
- Leave to steep for at least five minutes (the longer the tea steeps, the more bitter the tea).
- Strain the tea and cool.
- Place the lime or lemon and mint leaves in a glass and muddle (see notes after the recipe).
- Drop about four ice cubes into the glass.
- Pour in the tea and the simple syrup.
- Stir. That’s a very, very good iced tea you have there already.
- Pour in rum and stir.