Got more oranges than you know what do with? Make this easy honey orange pork cutlets by combining fresh oranges with pantry staples. It’s quick to prepare, uses minimal ingredients but is very, very tasty.
And the best thing is that, after the initial work, you can just leave it to cook while you do something else. Brown the pork, add the juice and leave to braise. No need to peek and stir. Take a long bath if you wish and the pork will be ready when you are.
Honey Orange Pork CutletsRecipe by
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Over high heat, sear the pork cutlets, flipping them over when one side is nicely browned around the edges.
- Right after flipping the pork, add the sliced onion, and cook until other side of the pork is also browned along the edges and the onion slices start to caramelize.
- Season the pork with salt and pour in the orange juice.
- Lower the heat, cover and braise the pork in the orange juice until the liquid has almost dried and the onions are soft and brown. Should take 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour in the honey. Stir. If the sauce is too sticky, add a tablespoonful of water. Then, turn off the heat.
- Serve the pork as is. Or garnish with orange slices, fresh greens and chopped roasted walnuts before serving.