When making pies, it rarely happens that the pie crust dough will be exactly enough. The edges are trimmed and the trimmings become an excess. I never throw them away. I re-roll any excess into a disc, wrap it in cling film and keep it in the freezer.
In this recipe, excess pie crust dough is rolled thin, brushed with honey and sprinkled with sesame seeds to make these honey and sesame seed biscuits. They were delicious.
Honey and Sesame Seed BiscuitsRecipe by
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with non-stick paper or silicone mat (skip this if using a non-stick cookie sheet).
- Lightly flour your work surface with flour.
- Place the thawed pie crust dough on the floured surface and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Roll the pie crust dough to a quarter of an inch thick (mine were a bit thinner).
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out two-inch discs from the rolled dough.
- Carefully transfer the cut out discs to the prepared cookie sheet, about two inches apart.
- Brush the cut out dough with honey then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.