Herb Garlic ToastBy
- ½ cup butter softened
- 8 to 10 sweet basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 to 2 sprigs parsley leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 1 generous pinch salt
- 1 generous pinch white pepper
- sliced baguette or your bread of choice
- cheese grated optional
- Stir together the softened butter, chopped basil and parsley, grated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture generously on the bread slices.
- Broil (or toast, if using an oven toaster) for about three minutes until the bread is crisp and browned around the edges.
- Serve the herb-garlic butter breakfast toast at once.