Ham and Cheese ToastiesBy
- Split the buns and toast.
- In a small pan, melt the butter.
- Add the flour to the butter, stirring to remove lumps. Cook, stirring often, for about three minutes.
- Pour in the milk in a slow steady stream, stirring as you pour. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick.
- Stir in the mustard and ham.
- Off the heat, stir in the mozzarella and cheddar. Mix until melted.
- Taste. Add just enough salt and pepper to flavor the mixture.
- Spread about two heaping tablespoons of the ham and cheese mixture on each toasted half bun.
- Grill in a preheated broiler (or in the oven with only the top heat on) at 400F for about five minutes or until the cheese and ham topping is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.