- Roast the bell peppers either by placing it directly on the gas stove or over glowing charcoal until the skins are blackened.
- Transfer the hot bell peppers into a resealable bag until cool and the skins can be peeled off easily.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh, roughly chop and place in a mixing bowl.
- Halve the tomatoes, scoop out the seeds and discard, roughly chop the flesh and add to the avocado.
- Peel and roughly chop the red onions; add to the avocado and tomatoes.
- Finely slice the bird’s eye chilies.
- Add the roasted peppers and chilies to everything else in the bowl.
- Throw in the garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze in the lime or lemon juice. Stir lightly just until blended.
- Spoon into bowls, top with torn cilantro leaves and serve with tortilla chips or plain crackers.