- 2 medium ripe avocados or 3 small
- 3 ripe and juicy tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 2 bell peppers (a.k.a. capsicum)
- 2 to 3 bird’s eye chilies
- ½ teaspoon grated garlic
- juice of 1 ½ limes or lemons
- salt to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro as much or as little as you like
- Roast the bell peppers either by placing it directly on the gas stove or over glowing charcoal until the skins are blackened.
- Transfer the hot bell peppers into a resealable bag until cool and the skins can be peeled off easily.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh, roughly chop and place in a mixing bowl.
- Halve the tomatoes, scoop out the seeds and discard, roughly chop the flesh and add to the avocado.
- Peel and roughly chop the red onions; add to the avocado and tomatoes.
- Finely slice the bird’s eye chilies.
- Add the roasted peppers and chilies to everything else in the bowl.
- Throw in the garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze in the lime or lemon juice. Stir lightly just until blended.
- Spoon into bowls, top with torn cilantro leaves and serve with tortilla chips or plain crackers.