Grilled Skewered Mushrooms and PeppersBy
- 10 shiitake mushrooms (white button or Swiss brown will work too), stems discarded
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 to 2 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the shiitake caps into halves.
- Quarter the tomatoes.
- Dice the bell peppers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and bell peppers. Toss well.
- Thread the mushrooms, tomatoes and bell peppers alternately on the bamboo skewers.
- Grill over hot charcoal for about one minute per side.
- Serve immediately.