This side dish of green beans and cauliflower with herb and spice butter is seasoned with nothing but salt because the butter has everything else that the vegetables need.
Yes, herb and spice butter. You can make it at home with your favorite combination of herbs and spices. Spread it on toast, melt and drizzle over vegetables, or use it to saute or brown meat and seafood. Keep a few tubs of herbed butter in different flavors and just discover how many other ways you can use them.
Green Beans and Cauliflower With Herb and Spice Butter
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 pinch chopped chili
- ½ teaspoon grated Parmesan
- 1 large handful green beans stringed
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix together two tablespoon butter, ⅛ teaspoon salt, thyme, basil, chili and Parmesan. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in a saute pan.
- Spread the green beans in the hot butter a single layer.
- Cook over medium heat without disturbing for a minute.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Stir them around lightly and cook for another minute.
- Scoop out the green beans and move to a bowl.
- In the remaining butter, cook the cauliflower florets with a little salt for a couple of minutes.
- Scoop out and move to the bowl with the green beans.
- In the remaining butter, saute the garlic.
- Add the green beans and cauliflower to the pan and toss around until reheated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the herb and spice butter, and toss until all the butter is melted and every piece of vegetable is glistening with oil.