Green Beans and Cauliflower With Herb and Spice ButterBy
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 pinch chopped chili
- ½ teaspoon grated Parmesan
- 1 large handful green beans stringed
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix together two tablespoon butter, ⅛ teaspoon salt, thyme, basil, chili and Parmesan. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in a saute pan.
- Spread the green beans in the hot butter a single layer.
- Cook over medium heat without disturbing for a minute.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Stir them around lightly and cook for another minute.
- Scoop out the green beans and move to a bowl.
- In the remaining butter, cook the cauliflower florets with a little salt for a couple of minutes.
- Scoop out and move to the bowl with the green beans.
- In the remaining butter, saute the garlic.
- Add the green beans and cauliflower to the pan and toss around until reheated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the herb and spice butter, and toss until all the butter is melted and every piece of vegetable is glistening with oil.