- 2 to 3 plump tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 8 pitted olives
- 125 grams cheese feta is best
- 2 large potatoes
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves stripped off and chopped
- Halve the tomatoes, scoop out and discard the centers. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Peel the onion and cut into the same size as the tomato pieces.
- Roughly chop the olives.
- Cut the cheese into half-inch slices then cut each slice into small cubes.
- In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, olives and cheese cubes. This is your topping. Set it aside for now.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a pan to reach a depth of three inches.
- Fry the potatoes in hot oil until golden and crisp.
- Pile the fried potatoes in a shallow bowl and scatter the topping around them.
- Sprinkle chopped rosemary over the potatoes and serve with lemon wedges on the side.