Goat Cheese, Potato and Tomato SaladBy
- 2 small to medium waxy potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 to 3 plump red juicy tomatoes
- 45 grams goat cheese see notes after the recipe
- 6 large sweet basil leaves thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Scrub the potatoes under the tap.
- Place the scrubbed potatoes in a pan, cover with water, and add the salt and vinegar.
- Bring the potatoes to the boil, cover the pan, lowet the heat and simmer until a knife inserted through the thickest part goes all the way to the center with just the slightest resistance.
- Scoop out the potatoes and dump in a bowl of iced water.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Slice the goat cheese.
- Peel the potatoes and slice (see notes after the recipe).
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with a little sugar.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with a little salt.
- Arrange the tomatoes, potatoes and cheese alternately in a plate to form a circle.
- Sprinkle the basil leaves over them.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.